To create a data backup on floppy disk(s):
- Change the system password to an access right that permits access to Configuration.
- From the main menu bar, click
GPD Global Dispenser Data BackupThe machine begins preparing for the backup and leads to the following prompt:
Back up to USB Device? (Y/n) n
Do you really want to perform a Data Backup to /dev/fd0 (Y/n)? y
Do you want a reloadable backup on QNX disks? (y/N) yA reloadable backup simply refers to a backup from which you can restore while at the machine.
. A prompt displays in the GPD-Data Backup window:
- Ignore all error messages preceding the following information and prompt:
Total archive size is: 1924 k size will vary
Requiring about 1 disk(s).
Do you need to format some floppies now? (y/N) y
- ALWAYS format the number of disks suggested by the machine. After formatting all disks, the following prompt displays:
Vol: When drive light goes out insert disk 1 and pressWhen the backup is complete, the following prompt displays; this prompt is for GPD Global factory use only.
Do you want a non-reloadable backup on a DOS/Win disk? (y/ N) nNon-reloadable backup is used only by GPD Global factory.
Remove last backup disk
Write Protect all disks. Then press Enter to continue.
- Press Enter to exit the Data Backup window.