Replacing the Servo Interface Card
- Shutdown the dispenser.
- Open the computer and identify the servo interface card.
- Disconnect the ribbon cable from the servo interface card by pushing the retaining clips away from the ribbons connector.
- Remove the servo interface card from the computer by removing the bolt holding the boards flange to the computer chassis.
- Install the new board and ensure that it is fully seated in the computer.
- Reinstall the retaining bolt to the flange of the board.
- Reconnect the ribbon cable and ensure that the retaining clips are fully closed around the connector.
Test and Configure the Servo Interface Card
- Turn on the dispenser.
- After the message beginning
Last login:displays, press <ctrl> C to stop the startup routine.
This should cause
DS9000 Startup Procedure Failedto display.
- Press the motion stop switch.
Not pressing the motion stop switch may allow the gantry to move during the following steps resulting in damage to the dispenser.
- At the prompt enter the following commands (these commands are case sensitive, be sure each command finishes before starting the next):
cp 3axis.abs mei.firmware.abs
- If all the commands finsh, enter the following command to reboot the dispenser:
The dispenser may need to be shutdown (from FLOware) and remain powered off to re-establish communication with the vision processor.